Thursday, December 4, 2008

'Tis the Season

It is finally beginning to look like Christmas at our house!



My cute 15 year olds!

In my younger, more ambitious years, I made each of the kids their own stocking.  They took tons of time, but I always reached my goal of having it completed by their 3rd Christmas.  

How hard could it be!  
So, poor Bennett is going on his 11th Christmas and his stocking is still not done. (not even a name is on his!)

 He has finally stopped asking if I got it finished and has accepted the fact that I am old, tired, and my eyes are not what they used to be!  


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your tree looks so pretty! I think mine needs some help this year. And I love the stockings . . .if it makes you feel better I have a cross stitch that I started 17 years ago and still haven't finished.

Jo Dee said...

What cute stockings, even the nameless one. I am blessed to have a mother-in-law who did all the hard work on my children's stockings. PS your tree is almost as beautiful as the 2 girls in front of it.

Jen Olson Brown said...

Alison, you are amazing to do what you have done! I actually used your stocking-making as an example of something to make for your kids at our "Gifts of the Heart" Quarterly Enrichment! They were all amazed!

Suz said...

Okay... so you are crafty and EVERYTHING that I've seen you touch is done to PERFECTION! So... are you super humble or are you actually trying to avoid that enrichment councelor calling? (good luck~) hehe... Your stockings are FAB! and I love those girls... I actually would try to hang out with them if it didn't look so bizarr! They make me laugh. Congrats on the arrival of your new tree. I'm waiting for all of my nylon leaves to fall off so I can get a new one with lights already on them. My tree looks artificial from across the street!
Feliz Navidad